Fort Wayne CC
Fort Wayne, Indiana This historic, 18-hole private club had been maintaining their old poa annua greens at extremely low cutting heights in order to compete with newer golf courses in town that were maintaining A1 and A4 bentgrass putting surfaces. The greens had been pushed hard for years to provide the performance club members expected, often edging on the brink of disaster. After considerable turf loss due to extremes in weather that hit northern Indiana during consecutive summers (2011/2012), the club finally committed to a re-grassing program, which they embraced as a very worthy insurance policy. In 2014, the greens were fumigated with methyl bromide and re-grassed to A1. While down, several greens were also equipped with internal slit drainage, and excessive slope areas on the green that had been mapped by LGD were adjusted to provide additional pinning areas. As a result of the renovation, the club has once again cemented its place atop a competitive regional market, securing the club’s long term future.
Original architect: David McIntosh, original 9 (1913), William Langford, add 9 (1916)